Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Doors Open Toronto

The 10th Annual Doors Open Toronto goes down this weekend (May 23rd and 24th) and I'm excited to check it out. Doors Open happens all over Ontario and the world, giving the public free access to hundreds of historical, remarkable and interesting buildings around the city. Some highlights I'm looking forward to seeing include Casa Loma, Fort York, the Spadina Museum, Queen's Park and the Don Valley Brickworks (sure I could sneak into Brickworks any time, but guided tours are so much more fun! I also hear they're "revitalizing" the building, so it could be a last chance before construction gets underway.) There are hundreds more buildings open to the public over the weekend including tons of churches/religious centres, old houses, new buildings...all of it free!

Check back after the weekend for pics and stories about what I saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment